The odor of rotten eggs quickly takes the pleasure from drinking a cool glass of water or enjoying a hot shower. This foul odor comes from hydrogen sulfide (H2S), a gas dissolved in water. This gas is found in many water wells through out South Florida.
Hydrogen sulfide gas can result from a number of different sources.
- It can occur naturally in groundwater.
- It can be produced by "sulfur bacteria" in the groundwater, in the well, or in the water distribution system.
- It can be produced also by sulfur bacteria or chemical reactions inside water heaters.
- In rare instances, it can result from pollution.
- The odor can be removed from your water by a Sulfur Filter. It removes the odor and taste immediately, and
there are no filters or cartridges to change. The system removes sulfur gas as
well as low levels of manganese and iron that can stain toilets and sinks. The
system also takes care of minor sediment and pH imbalances.
- Does it work? "We are so thrilled with our new water
filtration system. We noticed the difference immediately. Our water always had a
bit of a sulfur smell -- so much so that I always bought water to drink and to
make coffee with -- and it left an orange residue in the toilets and shower. As
soon as our filtration system was installed, the smell disappeared and our
toilets and shower now look bright and clean."
- High Efficient.Less is best.
- * Use only one pump to supply water to your home instead of two.
- * Replaces open aerator where the frogs hang out in before the water enters your home, pressure tank on house side, house pump, pressure switch on house side, float switch and solenoid valve.
- * No maintenance.